Un libro in lingua di Cody Matt W. edito da Facts on File, 2010
- € 30,20
- Il prezzo è variabile in funzione del cambio della valuta d’origine
In the mid-15th century, the settlement of New Amsterdam was quickly sinking into failure. The West India Company of the Netherlands hired a strict leader to instill discipline and order among the colonists in hopes it would turn their fledgling community into a success. When Peter Stuyvesant finally arrived on the shores of the New World, colonists were immediately intimidated by his dark mustache, large sword, and silver peg leg. Under his leadership, New Amsterdam flourished and expanded as Stuyvesant established a stable government, negotiated with neighboring colonies, and created a balance among all the different kinds of people that were living in the settlement. Stuyvesant's hard work in building New Amsterdam into a success became an attractive opportunity for Britain, who later took over and named the unique colony New York. This new biography tells the story of Stuyvesant's life, giving readers a complete picture with striking images and useful reference features.
- Titolo del Libro in lingua: Peter Stuyvesant
- Autore : Cody Matt W.
- Editore: Facts on File
- Collana: Facts on File (Library)
- Data di Pubblicazione: 01 Novembre '10
- Genere: Juvenile nonfiction Biography and autobiography Historical
- Argomenti : Governors New York (State) Biography Juvenile literature
- ISBN-10: 1604137401
- ISBN-13: 9781604137408