Biopolitics of Security in the 21st Century
Un libro in lingua di Michael Dillon edito da Taylor & Francis
- € 31,70
- Il prezzo è variabile in funzione del cambio della valuta d’origine
- Titolo del Libro in lingua: Biopolitics of Security in the 21st Century
- Sottotitolo: A Political Analytic of Finitude
- Lingua: English
- Autore : Michael Dillon
- Editore: Taylor & Francis
- Collana: Taylor & Francis (Paperback)
- Data di Pubblicazione: di prossima pubblicazione
- Genere: Political science Political freedom and security Civil rights
- ISBN-10: 0415484332
- ISBN-13: 9780415484336
This book is a volume of essays on the Biopolitics of Security in the 21st Century, by Professor Mick Dillon. It is at first of its kind in that no other study currently available covers the same field of research with the same degree of innovation. There is clearly growing attention to biopolitics in general, and the biopolitics of security in particular, beyond international relations and into the social sciences more generally (Geography, Sociology, Criminology, Law, and the Management Sciences). This volume will provide a genealogy of the biopolitics of security beginning with Michel Foucault’s original account of the rise of biopolitics at the beginning of the 18th century, and will clarify and further develop Foucault’s original analytic of the biopolitics of security.
This work is an original introduction to the emerging field of the biopolitics of security, tracking its development into the 21st century, which will serve as an intellectual provocation to researchers as much as it will a pedagogical guide to graduate and undergraduate teachers.
This book will be of great interest to students of critical security studies, IR theory, political theory, philosophy and ancillary social science disciplines, such as criminology and sociology.