Western New York and the Gilded Age
Un libro in lingua di Julianna Fiddler-woite Scumaci Mary Beth Paulin Scumaci Peter C. edito da History Pr, 2010
- € 18,00
- Il prezzo è variabile in funzione del cambio della valuta d’origine
Born from the success of the Erie Canal, the communities of Western New York enjoyed a century of growth and prosperity during America''s Gilded Age. Buffalo was one of the richest cities in America and dominated industry and politics, producing two presidents. Wealth and architectural opportunity enticed figures like Frank Lloyd Wright, while the events of the Pan-American Exposition and a presidential assassination and inauguration attracted the world''s attention. Drawing on the natural resources of Niagara Falls and profiting from a friendly relationship with Canada, the people of Western New York enjoyed luxurious leisure time and documented their adventures in photo albums and postcards. It is these images and remembrances, beautifully reproduced in this book, that capture this charming time in Western New York''s history.
- Titolo del Libro in lingua: Western New York and the Gilded Age
- Lingua: English
- Autori : Julianna Fiddler-woite Scumaci Mary Beth Paulin Scumaci Peter C.
- Editore: History Pr
- Collana: History Pr (Paperback)
- Data di Pubblicazione: 06 Luglio '10
- Genere: History United states State and local / middle atlantic dc de md nj ny pa
- Argomenti : Postcards New York (State), Western
- Pagine: 158
- ISBN-10: 1596299827
- ISBN-13: 9781596299825