What's in a Word?
Un libro in lingua di Garrison Webb B. edito da Thomas Nelson Inc, 2010
- € 14,50
- Il prezzo è variabile in funzione del cambio della valuta d’origine
Once upon a time…
Tying the knot actually involved tying a knot-not saying vows. Meanwhile, a thinking cap wasn't just a cute idea for schoolchildren, but an actual hat worn by scholars in the Middle Ages. Oh, and when you make no bones about something, you should consider yourself lucky you aren't choking on a chicken foot.
What's in a Word? Answers the question it poses, more than three hundred times over. You'll learn which side of the bed is the wrong side, and why the word "nickname" is simply the product of slurred speech. Webb Garrison's etymological journey through the origins of words and phrases, both common and obscure, is sure to fascinate wordsmiths of every stripe.
- Titolo del Libro in lingua: What's in a Word?
- Sottotitolo: Fascinating Stories of More Than 350 Everyday Words and Phrases
- Lingua: English
- Autore : Garrison Webb B.
- Editore: Thomas Nelson Inc
- Collana: Thomas Nelson Inc (Paperback)
- Data di Pubblicazione: 16 Marzo '10
- Genere: Language arts and disciplines Linguistics Etymology
- Pagine: 248
- ISBN-10: 1595553002
- ISBN-13: 9781595553003