Communicating Social Support
Un libro in lingua di Goldsmith Daena J. edito da , 2008
- € 22,80
- Il prezzo è variabile in funzione del cambio della valuta d’origine
- Titolo del Libro in lingua: Communicating Social Support
- Autore : Goldsmith Daena J.
- Collana: (Paperback)
- Data di Pubblicazione: 31 Gennaio '08
- Argomenti : Social networks Psychological aspects Interpersonal relations Interpersonal communication
- Pagine: 207
- Peso gr: 317
- Dimensioni mm: 228 x 152 x 12
- ISBN-10: 0521066867
- ISBN-13: 9780521066860
We often turn to our friends, family, spouses, and partners for help in coping with daily stress or major crises. Daena Goldsmith provides a communication-based approach for understanding why some conversations about problems are more helpful than others. In contrast to other research on the social support processes, Goldsmith focuses on interpersonal communication--what people say and how they say it, as well as their reactions to the conversations. Her studies cover adults of all ages and various kinds of stresses, ranging from everyday hassles to serious illnesses and other major crises.