Modern Hydrology and Sustainable Water Development
Un libro in lingua di Gupta S. K. edito da Blackwell Pub, 2010
- € 62,90
- Il prezzo è variabile in funzione del cambio della valuta d’origine
The material of this book will derive its scientific under-pinning from basics of mathematics, physics, chemistry, geology, meteorology, engineering, soil science, and related disciplines and will provide sufficient breadth and depth of understanding in each sub-section of hydrology. It will start with basic concepts:
- Water, its properties, its movement, modelling and quality
- The distribution of water in space and time
- Water resource sustainability
Chapters on 'global change' and 'water and ethics' aim respectively to emphasize the central role of hydrological cycle and its quantitative understanding and monitoring for human well being and to familiarize the readers with complex issues of equity and justice in large scale water resource development process.
Modern Hydrology for Sustainable Development is intended not only as a textbook for students in earth and environmental science and civil engineering degree courses, but also as a reference for professionals in fields as diverse as environmental planning, civil engineering, municipal and industrial water supply, irrigation and catchment management.
- Titolo del Libro in lingua: Modern Hydrology and Sustainable Water Development
- Autore : Gupta S. K.
- Editore: Blackwell Pub
- Collana: (Hardcover)
- Data di Pubblicazione: 25 Gennaio '10
- Genere: Science Earth sciences Hydrology
- Argomenti : Hydrology Water resources development
- Pagine: 352
- ISBN-10: 1405171243
- ISBN-13: 9781405171243