A Doll's House
Un libro in lingua di Henrik Ibsen Meyer Michael (TRN) Worrall Nick (CON) Worrall Non (CON) edito da Bloomsbury USA Academic, 2008
- € 14,70
- Il prezzo è variabile in funzione del cambio della valuta d’origine
The slamming of the front door at the end of A Doll's House shatters the romantic masquerade of the Helmers' marriage. In their stultifying and infantilised relationship, Nora and Torvald have deceived themselves and each other both consciously and subconsciously, until Nora acknowledges the need for individual freedom.
A revised student edition of classic set text: A Doll's House (1879), is a masterpiece of theatrical craft which, for the first time portrayed the tragic hypocrisy of Victorian middle class marriage on stage. The play ushered in a new social era and "exploded like a bomb into contemporary life".
The Student Edition contains these exclusive features:
· A chronology of the playwright's life and work
· An introduction giving the background of the play
· Commentary on themes, characters. language and style
· Notes on individual words and phrases in the text
· Questions for further study
· Bibliography for further reading.