Critical Community Psychology
Un libro in lingua di Carolyn Kagan Mark Burton Paul Duckett Rebecca Lawthom Asiya Siddiquee edito da John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2011
- € 66,50
- Il prezzo è variabile in funzione del cambio della valuta d’origine
Community psychology is continuously developing in various parts of the world. Interest in community psychology, and its potential as a distinct approach, is growing and evolving in parallel with social development, changes in welfare and governmental priorities.
Critical Community Psychology is the work of a group of academic community psychologists with many years of experience working, teaching and thinking together. They have developed a clear and effective method for bringing together the theory and practice of community psychology, which has become firmly grounded in time and place. This book aims to provide students of different community-based professions, working in a range of applied settings, with not only the theories, values and principles of community psychology, but also with the practical guidance that will underpin their community psychological work.
Clear learning objectives, highlighting the theoretical content, research issues and practice dilemmas to be covered.
Case examples of community psychology in action, including critical questions to encourage reflection and reflexivity on the part of the reader.
Activity questions focusing on both theoretical and practical issues to be used as both class exercises and independent study.
A distinctive approach that questions many of the assumptions and approaches of mainstream psychological approaches.
This book would be attractive to undergraduate and postgraduate students and practitioners of community psychology world-wide, as well as students and practitioners of other forms of applied or professional psychology and different community practices.
- Titolo del Libro in lingua: Critical Community Psychology
- Lingua: English
- Autori : Carolyn Kagan Mark Burton Paul Duckett Rebecca Lawthom Asiya Siddiquee
- Editore: John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Collana: John Wiley & Sons Inc (Paperback)
- Data di Pubblicazione: 05 Aprile '11
- Genere: Psychology Social psychology
- Argomenti : Community psychology England Manchester Critical care medicine England Manchester Community Mental Health Services methods England
- Pagine: 379
- ISBN-10: 1405188847
- ISBN-13: 9781405188845