Translation in Modern Japan
Un libro in lingua di Levy Indra (EDT) edito da Taylor & Francis, 2010
- € 111,40
- Il prezzo è variabile in funzione del cambio della valuta d’origine
- Titolo del Libro in lingua: Translation in Modern Japan
- Lingua: English
- Autore : Levy Indra (EDT)
- Editore: Taylor & Francis
- Collana: Taylor & Francis (Hardcover)
- Data di Pubblicazione: 31 Agosto '10
- Genere: Language arts and disciplines General
- Argomenti : Translating and interpreting Japan Translators Japan Language and culture Japan
- ISBN-10: 0415573912
- ISBN-13: 9780415573917
The role of translation in the formation of modern Japanese identities has become one of the most exciting new fields of inquiry in Japanese studies. This book marks the first attempt to establish the contours of this new field, bringing together seminal works of Japanese scholarship and criticism with cutting-edge English-language scholarship.
Collectively, the contributors to this book address two critical questions: 1) how does the conception of modern Japan as a culture of translation affect our understanding of Japanese modernity and its relation to the East/West divide? and 2) how does the example of a distinctly East Asian tradition of translation affect our understanding of translation itself? The chapter engage a wide array of disciplines, perspectives, and topics from politics to culture, the written language to visual culture, scientific discourse to children's literature and the Japanese conception of a national literature.
Translation in Modern Japan will be of huge interest to a diverse readership in both Japanese studies and translation studies as well as students and scholars of the theory and practice of Japanese literary translation, traditional and modern Japanese history and culture, and Japanese women’s studies.