The Yellow Birds
Un libro in lingua di Kevin Powers edito da Little Brown & Co, 2012
- € 20,70
- Il prezzo è variabile in funzione del cambio della valuta d’origine
"The war tried to kill us in the spring," begins this breathtaking account of friendship and loss. In Al Tafar, Iraq, twenty-one-year old Private Bartle and eighteen-year-old Private Murphy cling to life as their platoon launches a bloody battle for the city. In the endless days that follow, the two young soldiers do everything to protect each other from the forces that press in on every side: the insurgents, physical fatigue, and the mental stress that comes from constant danger.
Bound together since basic training when their tough-as-nails Sergeant ordered Bartle to watch over Murphy, the two have been dropped into a war neither is prepared for. As reality begins to blur into a hazy nightmare, Murphy becomes increasingly unmoored from the world around him and Bartle takes impossible actions.
With profound emotional insight, especially into the effects of a hidden war on mothers and families at home, THE YELLOW BIRDS is a groundbreaking novel about the costs of war that is destined to become a classic.
- Titolo del Libro in lingua: The Yellow Birds
- Lingua: English
- Autore : Kevin Powers
- Editore: Little Brown & Co
- Collana: Little Brown & Co (Hardcover)
- Data di Pubblicazione: 11 Settembre '12
- Genere: Fiction War and military
- Argomenti : Soldiers United States Fiction Iraq War, 2003 2011 Fiction
- Pagine: 230
- ISBN-10: 0316219363
- ISBN-13: 9780316219365