Clinical Study Guide for the Oral Boards in Psychiatry
Un libro in lingua di Strahl Nathan R. edito da Amer Psychiatric Pub Inc, 2011
- € 60,90
- Il prezzo è variabile in funzione del cambio della valuta d’origine
The Clinical Study Guide for the Oral Boards in Psychiatry has been a trusted and indispensable resource for a decade and this new, 4th edition continues the tradition of currency, relevancy, and rigor. To pass the oral boards in psychiatry, a candidate must possess clinical knowledge that is both broad and deep, something that is difficult to attain for a clinician who is exposed, in daily practice, to a limited number of patients with a limited range of disorders. However, the oral boards are a test of clinical, not theoretical, knowledge, and so the candidate seeking to prepare thoroughly is faced with the critical challenge of mastering the patient interview, contextualizing the findings, and providing a differential diagnosis for disorders which he or she may not have encountered professionally.
This book is designed to provide practical clinical information regarding the assessment and treatment of the types of patients most likely to present for the oral boards. Its approach is both encyclopedic and succinct, with an insiders view of what the candidate can expect.
- ? Organization is by class of disorder and each section addresses, at a minimum, the DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria, clinical issues, etiology, prognosis, differential diagnosis and treatmentall the pertinent clinical information candidates should know so they will be prepared when asked by the examiners.? The author stresses the necessity for thorough preparation and care in the formulation of responses, reflecting the knowledge that if a candidate mentions a particular medication, for example, he or she should expect to be questioned about its indications, dosing information, therapeutic benefits, and potential side effects.? Less tangible factors are also discussed, such as demonstrating empathy for the patient, effective interview technique, and the ability to establish rapport.? An abundance of tables and figures make complex information easy to understand, and the author has supplied algorithms for treatment protocols to help candidates whose experience with a particular patient group is limited.
The oral examination is a difficult and intimidating event that looms large in the clinicians professional development. However, the Clinical Study Guide for the Oral Boards in Psychiatry both simplifies and demystifies the process by compiling and organizing all the material the candidate requires to prepare for the exam. Any candidate willing to invest the time and effort to study this comprehensive guide will surely achieve success.
- Titolo del Libro in lingua: Clinical Study Guide for the Oral Boards in Psychiatry
- Lingua: English
- Autore : Strahl Nathan R.
- Editore: Amer Psychiatric Pub Inc
- Collana: Amer Psychiatric Pub Inc (Paperback)
- Data di Pubblicazione: 25 Febbraio '11
- Genere: Medical Psychiatry General
- Argomenti : Psychiatry Examinations Study guides Psychiatrists Examinations Study guides Oral examinations
- ISBN-10: 1585624128
- ISBN-13: 9781585624126