The Phenomena of Awareness
Un libro in lingua di Tougas Cecile T. edito da Taylor & Francis, 2012
- € 35,30
- Il prezzo è variabile in funzione del cambio della valuta d’origine
What is awareness? How is dreaming different from ordinary awareness? What does mathematics have to do with awareness? Are different kinds of awareness related?
“Awareness” is commonly spoken of as “mind, soul, spirit, consciousness, the unconscious, psyche, imagination, self, and other.” The Phenomena of Awareness is a study of awareness as it is directly experienced. From the start, Cecile T. Tougas engages the reader in reflective notice of awareness as it appears from moment to moment in a variety of ways. The book draws us in and asks us to focus on the flow of phenomena in living experience, not as a theoretical construct, nor an image, nor a biochemical product, but instead as phases, moments, or parts that cannot exist without one another. Tougas shows how these parts exist in mutual dependence as a continuum of awareness, as the flow of lived time, and how noticing time deepens psychological self-understanding and understanding of another.
The Phenomena of Awareness is divided into four parts:
• Seeking and Noticing Awareness
• Observing and Understanding the Flow of Phenomena
• Distinguishing Intentional Acts
• Work in Progress
Drawing on the work of E. Husserl, G. Cantor and C.G. Jung, this book is an original synthesis of phenomenology, mathematics and psychology that explores awareness and the concept of ‘transfinite number’. This book will be of interest to analytical psychologists, philosophers, mathematicians, feminist scholars, humanities teachers and students.
Cecile T. Tougas teaches Latin at the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics, Durham. She taught philosophy at the University of Southern Maine and the University of Massachusetts Lowell.
- Titolo del Libro in lingua: The Phenomena of Awareness
- Lingua: English
- Autore : Tougas Cecile T.
- Editore: Taylor & Francis
- Collana: Taylor & Francis (Paperback)
- Data di Pubblicazione: 28 Agosto '12
- Genere: Psychology Mental health
- Argomenti : Awareness Consciousness
- ISBN-10: 0415685915
- ISBN-13: 9780415685917